The development of information technology is changing the way employees connect, collaborate and communicate. Implementing the digital workplace in an organization means first preparing the teams for the change. A step that should not be underestimated.
Implementing a digital workplace strategy is a tricky business. Indeed, the transformation of the workplace requires handling technological change – which is evolving very rapidly – with the pace of team management.
What is the digital workplace?
The digital workplace brings together all the infrastructures, applications and connected platforms that facilitate collaboration. These include business applications, instant messaging services, enterprise social networks and virtual meeting tools.
The dynamic alignment between the company’s work model and the digital work environment is the digital workplace strategy. It must allow to face peaks of activity while reducing costs.
Digital transformation, what motivates decision makers?
Leaders who promote digital transformation in their organizations have four main goals:
- Increase productivity by making teams work better together,
- improve the level of service to customers,
- lowering costs by improving business processes,
- to stay in the technological race, and avoid being overtaken by its competitors,
The strengthening of the digital workplace meets several requirements:
- unify online and offline communications by allowing employees to be connected to tools and data anywhere and anytime (ATAWADAC),
- Provide access to the right technology platforms and services to work with the provided devices or BYOD (Bring your own device),
- Improve the employee experience by providing a flexible, personalized user experience.
- Allow employees to connect to their work environment in all situations, while ensuring security and privacy constraints.
- attracting talent by offering innovative work environments,
- Integrate the entire digital desktop and enterprise data into a single interface hosted in the cloud.
The essential tools to integrate :
- email and calendar tools,
- unified communication tool, which includes video conferencing and phone integrated on mobile, in the form of an application.
- office tools, hosted on the cloud and mobile compatible,
What measurement criteria for a digital workplace strategy?
When implementing the digital workplace, the quality of the team’s experience must be at the heart of attention. Simplicity of connection, reliability and security of authentication mechanisms on all media are the main criteria to watch.
The criteria for measuring a digital workplace strategy:
- increased revenues,
- Reducing operational costs with virtual work meetings,
- Accelerating time-to-market by using tools that enable faster delivery of products or services,
- the evolution of the level of innovation,
- improving the customer experience,
- the level of satisfaction of the teams with the new tools,
Team behaviors can drive digital transformation.
Making technology compatible with the company’s culture is one of the main challenges in leading a digital transformation strategy. The tools, processes and IT systems can reveal their full potential to the teams if accompanied by an adapted learning phase.